Are you looking for a great soup recipe?
How about a red lentil and coconut soup!
This fantastic soup is refined with tomatoes, cumin, some ginger and as the finishing touch with some fresh lime juice.
Not only is it super tasty, but also because it has the ginger and cumin, it is a real soul warmer, which means for me that the red lentils and coconut soup warms you from the inside on any given day.
Let me tell you, a dream on wet and cold days!
However, I’m not usually the soup expert, but I could really eat this healthy soup every day.
How do I cook the red lentil and coconut soup?
It is so easy!
You need start with finely chopping the onion and garlic and peel the ginger.
Now comes a kitchen hack!
And then I don’t cut the ginger, I grate it.
There are two reasons for this:
- First, I don’t like biting large chunks of ginger. And I don’t feel like sniffing while eating either 😉
- Secondly, the ginger taste is much more intense after grating. And finer. Really great difference.
ginger , garlic and onion
And which lentils do I use for the soup?
Just the normal red lentils.
And red lentils are super healthy because they contain a lot of protein.
They say that the small legumes contain about 26 grams of protein per 100 grams. They are in no way inferior to many animal products and are not only a healthy source of protein for vegetarians and vegans.
I really like them, and if you ever want to try a lentil dhal with chicken, I have a great recipe for you here.
OK, what’s next?
Simply fry the onion, garlic and ginger in a little oil, add the lentils, stir briefly. Then deglaze fancy word which means to simply to add any liquids to your pan/pot)) with a little water, add the tomato pieces and coconut milk.
Season to taste and then just let the red lentils and coconut soup simmer for about 15 minutes.
That’s basically it. 😉
That’s the great thing about the red lentils – they are cooked soft very quickly and are therefore perfect for a quick after-work meal.
just quickly fry the garlic, onions, grated ginger and red lentils
Then just taste it and season to taste, add some lime juice and enjoy!
That’s it! if that’s not a super fast and super easy red lentils and coconut soup to make.
And if you like to spice things up- simply add a bit of chili 🙂
Enjoy the red lentils and coconut soup!
All the best,
red lentil and coconut soup
a soup which will warm your heart!simple
- 5 minutes
- 20 minutes
- 25 minutes
|100 g||red lentils|
|1||small piece of ginger, peeled and grated|
|1||Tbsp sunflower oil|
|400 ml||coconut milk- 1 can|
|400 g||tomatoes, chunky, 1 can|
|salt and pepper|
|1||lime – juice and zest|
|a litte bit of chili|
Steps of preparation
- Peel the onion and garlic and cut into small cubes
- Heat the sunflower oil in a saucepan.
- Peel ginger
- Sweat the onion and garlic in the pot and grate in the ginger.
- Add lentils
- Season with cumin, salt and pepper.
- Deglaze with 100ml water
- Add coconut milk and tomatoes and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- And then just add lime juice and zest to taste.
- And if you liḱe, you can serve it with a spoon of yoghurt on top
Can I eat the soup the next day?
Of course you can!<br>Simply store the soup in an airtight container in the fridge and reheat the next day.
Some more recipes:
- Chimichurri made with carrot greens!
- Wild garlic pesto
- Homemade Granola- a great crunchy muesli to have in stock
- Red lentil and coconut soup
- French dressing – my favorite salad dressing
- Lentil salad with Avocado
- Red cabbage salad with oranges and dates-ready in 15 Minutes
- Bulgarian Banitza
- Homemade pasta dough