Whoa, do you know that wee craving ? You would like a salad, but don’t want anything boring? How about a lentil salad with avocado?
It’s so delicious and definitely not boring! 🙂
I can imagine it on its own as a vegan alternative, with prawns or fried chicken, tofu, or, or, or..
And the best thing about this lentil salad with avocado is that it is quick to prepare and tastes great in both summer and winter.
Is the lentil salad with avocado vegan?
Yes it is!
So you can also prepare it if you eat vegan or if friends or family come to visit who eat vegan.
And it’s super quick to prepare, too.
Because while you boil the lentils, you can already prepare the rest. Love it.
And often you don’t always have all the ingredients from a recipe at home, so I’ve written down a few alternative ingredients for you.
Since I’m a fan of using up everything from my kitchen cupboard or fridge over and over again, I’ve written down a few alternative ingredients for you:
If you don’t have any fresh spinach at home, you can also use some pak choy or chard. I would still pan fry both alternatives in a little oil like the spinach, then it simply tastes better. 🙂
And if you don’t have any Beluga lentils in your pantry, just use mountain lentils or Puy lentils.
You may have to adjust the cooking time a bit, so just take a look at the cooking instructions of the lentils you choose.
As you can see, this delicious lentil salad with avocado falls into the quick and delicious category again! 😉
But if you’d rather browse further for some more inspiration, then have a look here!
Enjoy the meal,
lots of love,
lentil salad with avocado
- 10 minutes
- 20 minutes
- 30 minutes
|sprig of rosemary
|lemon, juice and zest
|Tbsp apple cider vinegar
|Tbsp olive oil
|Tbsp maple syrup
- colander, small pot
Steps of preparation
- Rinse the lentils in a colander. Place them in a saucepan with 350ml lightly salted water, bring to a boil and then cook over medium heat for about 15-20 minutes. Then pour the lentils through a sieve and let them drain.
- Meanwhile, wash the spinach and peppers.
- Cut the peppers into small cubes.
- Remove the needles from the rosemary and chop finely.
- Wash the lemon in hot water, grate the zest and squeeze out the juice.
- Mix 2 tbsp oil with lemon juice and zest, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, rosemary needles, salt & pepper.
- Add the diced peppers and lentils
- Peel the avocado, dice into small pieces and add to the lentils.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan and sauté the spinach briefly and add to the salad.
- Mix everything together, taste and serve.
some more recipes
- Chimichurri made with carrot greens!
- Wild garlic pesto
- Homemade Granola- a great crunchy muesli to have in stock
- Red lentil and coconut soup
- French dressing – my favorite salad dressing
- Lentil salad with Avocado
- Red cabbage salad with oranges and dates-ready in 15 Minutes
- Bulgarian Banitza
- Homemade pasta dough