Recently I found out that I actually love my legumes, especially lentils. And Lentil Salads! Well, it’s more like a realization than finding out. I realized that I love lentils when I started writing down recipes for sabrina`s table.
But hey, what’s not to love about them? They are super healthy, versatile for any cuisine and, most of all, easy to prepare.
This beautiful lentil salad is done in just 30 minutes and goes with everything. You can add some chicken, prawns, or just have some freshly baked bread with it.
Or just bring it along to the next BBQ- it is such a difference than the classic pasta salad. You can also prepare the lentil salad a day in advance which makes it even less stressful when you are having friends over for a BBQ.
And if you happen to not like bacon( does that exist?) or simply have some friends over who are vegetarian, simply leave the bacon out.
Perfect to bring for the next pot luck dinnermoderate
Prep time:10 minutes
Rest time:10 minutes
Cook time:30 minutes
Total time:50 minutes
|150 g||beluga lentils|
|salt & pepper|
|2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar|
|2 Tbsp pumpkin oil|
- Pot, pan, and salad bowl
Steps of preparation
- In a medium-sized pot add: water, lentils, thyme, parsley, garlic, bay leave and halve an onion-spiked with the 3 cloves and cook for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut the carrot, leek, and celeriac in small cubes and add to the lentils and let it simmer for another 10 minutes. Add some salt as well.
- The total cooking time is 20 Minutes
- While the lentils are cooking for the final 10 minutes, cut the bacon and the other onion in small stripes and sauté them with the butter for roughly 5 minutes.
- The lentils should be cooked by then, but still have a bite.
- Remove the clove spiked onion, the bay leave, thyme, and parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Place the lentils in a serving bowl and mix with the onion and bacon.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and pumpkin oil and give it a good stir.
- Season to taste with some more salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes and enjoy!
Great addition to any BBQ
You tried this recipe?
Then link @sabrinastable on Instagram or use the hashtag #sabrinastable.