There are days where I run out of Sandwich Bread for two reasons:
- I just love to eat a sandwich for lunch and I forgot to buy bread (again)
- I tried a new sandwich recipe and now my kids eat away the bread…
If number 2 is the case with you as well- enjoy my sandwich recipe. Its so easy to make and if you have a kitchen machine to knead the dough for you, even better! Its fluffy and prepared in a minute. And it always works- give it a go!
Can I make 2 loafs of sandwich bread?
Lately I divide the dough into 2 equal pieces and I just bake 2 loafs with it. I also bake them both at the same time. Baking time stays the same though. Which actually is perfect as I can either freeze one for a later date, or if I am invited somewhere I can bring a freshly baked bread with me!
It is just perfect for a ham & cheese toasty or for my grilled Asparagus salad. And so much better than store bought! Seriously. So much better.
Super easy to makesimple
- 10 minutes
- 1 hours
- 30 minutes
- 1 hours 40 minutes
|70 g||flour- type 550|
|40 g||fresh yeast 1 cube or 2 packets of dry yeast- 14g|
|50 ml||sunflower oil|
|200 ml||warm water|
|1||Tbsp white vinegar|
Steps of preparation
- Mix water, sugar, and yeast and let rest for 5 min.
- In the meantime, put some baking paper in a loaf tin.
- Add milk, oil, vinegar, salt, and flour and mix with the dough hook until the dough comes off the bowl-around 3 min.
- Dust a clean surface with flour and form the dough into a loaf.
- Transfer loaf into the loaf tin and cover with a tea towel and let proof for 1 hour in a warm place.
- Use a sharp knife to make 5 diagonal cuts along the surface and brush some water over the bread.
- Preheat oven to 220° Celsius and bake the bread for 25 – 30 mins.
- Cover the bread after 15 min with some baking paper to prevent it from getting too dark.
- Let it cool and enjoy!
If you like to make 2 loafs with it, just divide the dough equally after the dough has risen