Say hello to the Roasted Cauliflower Salad!
Sometimes we need something simple and fast. And warm. And preferably healthy as well. Something which would be a great side dish or even as a main course on its own. Especially if you have friends coming over spontaneously and you don’t want to be stuck in the kitchen for hours.
My simple take on the roasted cauliflower salad is just that! Its quickly prepared, healthy and delicious- so three times a winner.
Its super easy to prepare in advance and great if you have any spare leftover vegetables which need to be used. I mean, obviously it is a great dish with the carrots and cauliflower, but if you have some spare mushrooms or some leeks, that would also go fantastic with it!
And if you or your friends are vegan, they will be very happy to get something else than a green salad or pasta 😉 You just need to leave out the yoghurt, unless you have a vegan yoghurt like a soy yoghurt at home to substitute it with!
Oven roasted Cauliflower Salad
Great Lunch Saladsimple
Prep time:10 minutes
Baking time:20 minutes
Total time:30 minutes
|1 small cauliflower|
|1/4 red cabbage|
|3||Tbsp olive oil|
|1 clove garlic|
|1 handful cashew nuts|
|3 Tsp ground cumin|
|1 tsp chili flakes if you are not a fan of spicy food, just leave it out|
|2 Tbsp yoghurt if you are following a vegan diet, please substitute with soy yoghurt or similar.|
Steps of preparation
- Mix the olive oil with the spices
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Cut the cauliflower into bite-sized pieces and toss it with the oil mixture.
- Cut the red cabbage into slices and the carrots into bite size pieces.
- Place the red cabbage, cauliflower, and the carrots on the baking tray and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Arrange your vegetables on a plate, add the Cashew nuts and serve the yoghurt on the side to dip. Enjoy!
You tried this recipe?
Then link @sabrinastable on Instagram or use the hashtag #sabrinastable.