It’s always cherry season somewhere in the world, so what’s better than a Cherry Chocolate Cake?
Chocolate, ground almonds and Cherries-this is guaranteed to be a fabulous combination! I was craving for this cake sooo long, and finally I did it.
What’s so great about the cherry chocolate cake?
Well, its prepared pretty quickly for once. And then the cake tastes even better the next day. Which makes it great to bring to work on a birthday or to any social event, tbh.
And it is so simple to prepare. As I am too lazy to pit my cherries, I buy them in a jar as they are already pitted. Way easier. And the fresh ones? I just eat all of them straight away when they are in season wherever I am! 🙂
If you bake the Cherry Chocolate Cake, let me know how it went!
If you are looking for a classic German Marble Cake, have a look here 🙂
Cherry Chocolate Cake
super easy to bake!simple
- 15 minutes
- 40 minutes
- 55 minutes
|150 g||soft butter and extra to grease form|
|100g ground almonds|
|5||drops vanilla extract|
|2||tsp baking soda|
|3||Tbsp cacao powder|
|100 g||chocolate drops|
|350 g||Cherries pitted and drained from the jar|
|15 ml||cherry juice from the jar|
|Optional: Powder sugar to dust|
Steps of preparation
- Preheat oven to 180 °C FAN, and grease baking form with butter
- In a large bowl, cream butter, vanilla extract and sugar until light and fluffy -roughly 4-6 minutes.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, almonds, cinnamon, cacao powder and salt and add it to the bowl.
- Add the cherry juice and mix it all together.
- Fold half the cherries and chocolate drops carefully in.
- Pour the dough in your baking form and add remaining cherries
- bake for 40 minutes at 180 °C
- Cool for 15 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust with confectioners’ sugar and enjoy!
As every oven is different, please check the cake with a toothpick. For the classic cake toothpick test, you simply insert a wooden toothpick near the centre of the cake. If the toothpick comes out clean, you are good to go, your cake is done.