Is there a day when you cannot eat Pasta? Neither do I! This is also one of my easy peasy but super delicious recipes, this time its Capellini with spicy prawns.
As Capellini only takes 3 minutes to cook, you need to prepare everything in advance.
The best way is to have everything cut and prepared before you even add the Pasta to the water. And of course, if you do not have Capellini at home, you can substitute with Spaghetti or Linguini for this beautiful pasta dish.
If you are like me and someone who loves garlic, please do fry them and add them at the end again.
This will give the Capellini with spicy prawns a lovely crunch. Garnish with some spring onions, and you are ready to go!
Capellini with spicy prawns
- 10 minutes
- 10 minutes
- 20 minutes
|400 g||prawns – peeled and cleaned|
|50ml Pasta water|
|2 Tbsp Chili oil|
|3 garlic cloves|
|1 tsp chilli flakes or 1 fresh chili if you like|
|2 sprigs parsley|
|10 cherry tomatoes|
|salt & pepper|
Steps of preparation
- Clean the prawns and season them with salt & pepper.
- Cook the pasta as per cooking directions- Capellini only take 3 minutes to cook, so be ready.
- When the Pasta is cooked, ensure to safe some pasta water. Careful-the water is HOT!
- You have 2 options:
- Grab a cup and scoop some water in there, or simply drain your pasta in a big sieve and quickly add the sieve back to the now empty pot. All remaining pasta water will be drained in the pot.
- In the meantime, peel the garlic and cut in slices.
- Wash the cherry tomatoes and cut them in halves.
- Roughly chop the parsley and set aside.
- Bring a big pan to high heat and add 1 tsp of the chilli oil. -you can also use a wok if you have one
- Add the garlic and as soon as the garlic gets a bit of colour, take it out of the pan with a spoon and put it on a clean kitchen paper towel. Again, careful hot!
- Add the 2nd tbsp of chilli oil to the pan and sauté the prawns. Add the chili flakes.
- When the prawns are nearly cooked, add the parsley and cooked pasta. Add the pasta water and the tomatoes. Toss it all well together and serve immediately with some freshly grated parmesan cheese on top.
- If you love garlic like I do- add them on top for a bit of a crunch.
If you really like it spicy, feel free to add more chili flakes