I love all the fresh produce that summer offers us. And if you ever have a rainy day, try my recipe for stuffed bell peppers. Best served with a side salad (e.g. a kale salad) and you’re good to go. Oh yes, of course you don’t have to wait until it rains to do them.
Stuffed peppers are super easy to make and absolutely delicious! I prefer to use the red peppers because they taste so sweet, but of course you can also use the yellow, orange or green ones. No discrimination here at this point 😉
I make mine with ground beef and rice, but if you prefer it low carb then just skip the rice. I do that every now and then as well and it works really well. But with the rice, however, the filling becomes a little fluffier.
This recipe makes 1 pepper for each, which is great if you add a delicious salad to it. However, if you are very hungry or want to eat some the next day, please make more.
And if you haven’t eaten them all, you can easily reheat them in the microwave/oven the next day.
This is how I prepare stuffed bell peppers the next day:
I simply chop the stuffed bell peppers very roughly and fry them in a pan with a little olive oil. Sometimes I add some fresh basil. But always add some freshly grated Parmesan, it just adds flavour! Add a small salad and you’re done. Simply delicious and ready on your plate in 10 minutes!
Stuffed bell peppers
great family dinnersimple
- 15 minutes
- 15 minutes
- 50 minutes
- 1 hours 20 minutes
|1||Tbsp olive Oil|
|400 g||minced meat|
|1||Tbsp tomato paste|
|100 g||uncooked rice|
|250 ml||vegetable broth|
|salt & pepper|
|1||tsp ground cinnamon|
|1||pinch of chili flakes|
Steps of preparation
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Cut the top off the bell peppers roughly 2 cm thick-you will need the top as a lid later on
- Remove the seeds and the wash inside and outside, season them with some salt & pepper
- Cut the onion and garlic in small cubes
- Place the oil in a pan and bring to high heat.
- Add the minced meat and brown the meat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and stir evenly.
- Add the rice and roughly 5 Tbsp of the vegetable broth.
- Season with cinnamon and the chilli flakes. Season generously with salt and pepper and let it simmer for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Take your bell peppers, place them in an ovenproof dish and stuff them with the spiced and browned minced meat-close the bell peppers with the bell pepper lid. If you have a lid for our oven form, you can use it as well.
- Add the remaining broth and let them braise in the oven for 50 minutes.
- serve with a side salad and enjoy