Are you looking for a quick dinner recipe? I may have a solution there. How about a salmon filet with spinach and aioli?
Simply a classic combination that always tastes good! The salmon is fried in no time and so is the spinach!
And this aioli just gives the whole thing a special kick. Add some bread or just a delicious potato gratin, perfect!
How do I best prepare the salmon filet with spinach?
Preparation is everything!
I always make the aioli first, then I wash and dry the spinach, and then I prepare the salmon. But don’t worry, it’s super easy to prepare as I have written out a step-by-step recipe.
The aioli can also be prepared in advance, but please always keep it in the fridge. And if you happen to not have a blender for the aioli, simply grate the garlic (or cut really fine) and combine the yoghurt and mayonnaise with a spoon.
How do I prepare the salmon?
Frying fish is not that difficult! Really 😉
First, I remove the bones with tweezers. And then the salmon is patted dry with some kitchen paper.
I always heat the pan without fat, because the salmon is just such a fatty fish and has plenty of it. I also use a non -stick pan, which helps as well. Before you place the fish in the pan, add salt and pepper to the salmon and place it skin-side down in the hot pan. Sear for about 2 minutes and then turn the heat down and then turn the salmon. Just let it fry for another 2 minutes and that’s it!
If you have a really thick piece of fish, then you should leave the salmon in the pan a little longer. It can still be a little pink on the inside, but then again it should not be not raw in the middle.
Preparation of the fastest aioli
As I said, I always prepare the aioli first, so it can get some more flavour by resting. Just add all ingredients in a blender and blend it all together. That’s it!
And if you don’t have a blender, simply grate the garlic. Add the mayonnaise and yoghurt, and you have a beautiful aioli.
I always add some yoghurt too. This gives the aioli a bit of freshness in taste, and it isn’t as greasy.
Preparation of the spinach
Please always wash the spinach, because who likes tiny stones between their teeth when eating? Exactly, nobody 😉 Quickly spin dry the salmon and pan fry it with the onions.
If you do not have a fresh broth, simply add some water and a bit of the bouillon powder, which just enhances the flavour a bit more.
Which wine do I serve with it?
A fresh Pinot Gris (Grauburgunder) from Baden then simply makes a perfect dinner of salmon filet with spinach and aioli. A dream on a plate.
Salmon filet with spinach
a fabulous weeknight dinnermoderate
- 20 minutes
- 10 minutes
- 30 minutes
|400 g||salmon filet|
|salt and pepper|
|1||Tbsp Olive oil|
|salt & pepper|
- a blender for the aioli
Steps of preparation
- Peel and chop the garlic
- mix the mayonnaise, Yoghurt and garlic with the hand blender
- place the aioli in the fridge until you need it
- Using tweezers, remove the bones from the salmon and pat dry with kitchen paper
- Cut the salmon into two equal pieces
- Salt & pepper generously
- In the meantime, you can already wash and spin dry the spinach
- Heat a pan without fat
- Place the salmon in the pan, skin side down, and fry for about 2 minutes
- Turn the heat down and turn the salmon over and sear for another 2 minutes
- Remove the pan from the hot stove and let the salmon soak in the pan on the skin side
- Wash and spin dry the spinach (if you haven’t done that already)
- Cut the onion into small cubes
- Heat olive oil in a pan and sauté onions
- Add spinach, salt and pepper
- Deglaze with the broth and let it rest for about 1 minute
- divide the salmon and spinach on your plates and add a generous spoon of the aioli
If you do not have a blender, simply grate the garlic and mix everything together with a spoon.