Having leftovers from the Sheet Pan Chicken? Perfect! Let’s make a simple but delicious leftover mixed Salad with Vegetables and Chicken!
It’s done in an instant and perfect for a quick weeknight dinner!
You can use your favourite dressing, but if you do not have one yet, I got you covered! Well, actually, I have 2. One is like an easy one with white balsamic and olive oil, and the other is my take on the Caesar salad. You will find the Caesar dressing here. It really goes well for any mixed Salad with vegetables and chicken. Or any salad, as it’s creamy and delicious.
The best part is though, is that you can also use any extra veggies you might have, and you are good to go! What a great way for food for days! So if you have a handful of spinach leaves left, add them! Or some extra carrots. Or maybe some nuts?
But if you can, serve the salad with some home baked bread. It’s soo good!
It’s also a great option for a home office lunch.
Mixed Salad with Vegetables and Chicken
Perfect not only for leftovers!simple
- 15 minutes
- 5 minutes
- 20 minutes
|Leftover cooked Chicken or one Chicken breast per person|
|2 Tsp Sunflower Oil|
|2 romaine Lettuce|
|Leftover roasted veggies or:|
|5 cherry tomatoes|
|5 Tsp Olive Oil|
|2 Tsp white balsamic vinegar|
|1 Tbsp honey|
|1 Tbsp mustard|
|Salt and pepper|
Steps of preparation
- Season your chicken with salt and pepper.
- Bring a pan to medium heat and add the oil.
- Place the chicken in the pan and add the vegetables to reheat everything. Tossing sporadically.
- If you have no leftover veggies, slice a cucumber, tomatoes, and a carrot
- In the meantime, wash and drain your lettuce and cut into slices.
- Place all ingredients for the dressing in a jar with a lid and shake it!
- Put the salad in a big bowl and add the dressing and mix everything.
- Add the chicken and veggies and bon appétit!