We all need to have a few simple, yet wow recipes, up our sleeves. This whole sea bream out of the oven is one of them. It is so effortless to prepare and wow, the effect it has!
As it is cooked in the oven, it’s also great to prepare in advance when you have guests/ friends over. You can prepare the fish in advance, put it in the fridge until you need to. And you are ready to go. It simply is such an effortless dinner! Pair the sea bream with a lentil salad and a nice glass of a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc.
Is it easy to prepare a Sea Bream?
Yes, it is really easy to prepare. As you do not need a lot of ingredients, either.
You will need:
- quality olive oil
- some lemons
- a few sprigs of parsley
- salt and pepper.
Well, and obviously the sea bream. 🙂
All you need to do then is to place it for 5 min in cold water to soak, which will make the texture of your fish more dense in a good way and therefore easier to filet later on. Then whisk together the oil & salt and pepper.
Take the sea bream out of the water and pat it dry with a paper towel
Take an ovenproof ceramic dish (you can also use your oven tray) and brush some oil mixture on it
Cut 3 times on the skin of your fish on each side using a sharp knife. Cut the lemon in slices and place them with some parsley inside.
Brush the sea bream with the remaining olive oil and add the remaining lemon slices on top
Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, and you are ready to enjoy your beautiful sea bream!
That’s it! If that’s not easy-peasy, then I simply do not know.
What pairs well with a sea bream?
It’s such a versatile fish, you can pair it with for example with some salted potatoes or a nice salad. How about a lentil salad? Or to make it super healthy, a kale salad? Or a Swabian potato salad? Still nothing for you? have a look at my most favourite salads, I am sure one of them will be the right one for you.
Sea Bream from the oven
Effortless and delicious-ready in 35 Minutes!simple
Prep time:15 minutes
Baking time:20 minutes
Total time:35 minutes
|2 whole sea bream -degutted and cleaned, ask your fish supplier for this|
|4 Tbsp olive oil|
|2 lemons- cut in slices|
|2 sprigs parsley|
|salt & pepper|
Steps of preparation
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C
- Put the sea bream for 5 min in cold water to soak
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil & salt and pepper
- Take the sea bream out of the water and pat it dry with a paper towel
- Take an ovenproof ceramic dish(you can also use your oven tray) and brush some oil mixture on it
- Cut 3 times on the skin of the sea bream on each side using a sharp knife
- Cut the lemon in slices and place them with some parsley inside your sea bream
- Brush the sea bream with the olive oil and add the remaining lemon on top
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes
You tried this recipe?
Then link @sabrinastable on Instagram or use the hashtag #sabrinastable.