Whats better than watermelons in the summer? Yep, a Watermelon Feta salad!
It has only 5 ingredients (except the salt & pepper) and is such a refreshing alternative salad in summer. It is perfect with some grilled chicken, grilled prawns or just solo with some bread.
But the most important question would be still:
How to choose THE perfect watermelon?
- Look for the yellow field spot- the “bottom” of the watermelon should have a yellow spot, known as the field spot. Thats where the melon sat on the ground and ripened in the sun, so the darker yellow it is, the better the taste! If there is no such spot, the watermelon was probably picked too soon and will not be ripe
- Lift- your watermelon should be filled with water, therefore it should be heavy
And if you have some melon left, just put them in a blender, add some ice cubes and mix it! And then you have a delicious watermelon juice. Simply delicious!
Watermelon Feta salad
refreshing summer saladsimple
- 15 minutes
- 15 minutes
|sprigs of fresh mint
|white balsamic vinegar
|salt & pepper
- salad bowl
Steps of preparation
- Cut the watermelon in cubes- roughly 3cm
- Cut the Feta in cubes- roughly 2 cm
- Take the mint leaves of the stem and cut in thin stripes
- Place everything together in a big bowl and add the oil, vinegar and salt and pepper, and mix together
- Thats it! Enjoy!