Whats better than chocolate chip cookies? Unicorn cookies of course! 😉
One of my friends sent me a care packet from the United States- how cool is that? In there, where among some cool little gimmicks, where some unicorn colored chocolate chips. My daughter was hooked straight away as the color palette obviously included pink… Do I need to mention more except that she loves them?
I also got her original chocolate chips cookies recipe, which is a game changer and I used it for the Unicorn cookies. They are crunchy outside and soft inside- simply yum. This is basically the only chocolate chip recipe you will ever need.
Before I had her recipe, I was also not aware that you have to rest the cookie dough in the fridge before baking to prevent them from melting together while baking. Again, something new learned!
The only downside is that if you are not fast enough yourself- they are gone!
american chocolate cookiessimple
- 15 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 10 minutes
- 55 minutes
|320 g flour
|1 tsp baking soda
|1 dash of salt
|220 g butter room temperature
|100 g sugar
|200 g brown sugar
|2 tsp vanilla extract
|2 Handful of unicorn chocolate chips well, at least 2…
Steps of preparation
- Using an electric mixer, mix the butter, vanilla extract and sugar for 1 minute.
- Add the eggs one by one.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix for another minute then fold in the chocolate chips and chill the dough in the fridge for 30mins.
- Preheat oven to 200 °C.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and scoop the dough on the baking tray. You can use either an ice cream scoop or a big spoon.
- Make sure to leave some space between the cookies to prevent them for melting together.
- Bake them for 10-12 min and enjoy.
The first batch always needs 12 minutes in my oven and the second 10 minutes
You can use any chocolate chips for that recipe.