Sometimes we are all in need of a quick weeknight dinner but also want something a tad more fancy. Don’t we? Let me introduce you on my take on Tagliatelle with Salmon. Add some freshly grated Parmesan and mmmmmhhh… you are in Pasta heaven!
The Tagliatelle with Salmon is cooked fast and, most importantly, is a delicious meal for the whole family!
And if you are big eaters like we are, just add the last 100g of the Tagliatelle of the packet, so you don’t have that open packet of Pasta in your kitchen pantry.
Why add pasta water to your Tagliatelle with Salmon?
One of the best tricks, I learned over the years from the chefs I worked with, is to keep some pasta water and to add it to the sauce. It will bind your sauce to the pasta while also improving the flavour and texture of the sauce for you.
That’s awesome, isn’t it?
So this definitely is one of my favourite and fastest pasta recipes. Try it!
Tagliatelle with Salmon
Great weeknight dinnersimple
Prep time:10 minutes
Cook time:15 minutes
Total time:25 minutes
|300 g||fresh salmon filet|
|400 g||Tagliatelle- Pappardelle works also great!|
|200 ml||cooking cream|
|50 ml||water -Pasta water is perfect|
|25 ml||white wine|
|2||Tbsp Olive Oil|
|salt & pepper|
Steps of preparation
- Cook the pasta as per cooking directions-When the Pasta is nearly cooked, grab a cup and take some cooked pasta water out to use for your creamy sauce.
- In the meantime, start cleaning your salmon (take off the skin and bones) and dice into cubes.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Wash the spring onions and cut diagonal in 3 cm long pieces
- Bring a big saucepan to high heat and quickly pan fry the spring onion in the oil for 2 min.
- Take the spring onions out of the pan and let it rest on the side
- Add salmon to the saucepan and fry for 2 min, occasionally turning it. Add the spring onions and stir. Keep it on a higher heat and add the wine and let it cook for 1 min.
- Lower the heat to medium and add the cream, pasta water and salt and pepper to taste.
- In the meantime, wash the cherry tomatoes and cut them in half and toss them through the sauce
- Add the cooked Tagliatelle and serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bon appétit!
You tried this recipe?
Then link @sabrinastable on Instagram or use the hashtag #sabrinastable.