There are a few classics in the kitchen that everyone loves – just like spaghetti carbonara.
Normally I’m a fan of authentic cuisine, but dear Italy, I know that traditionally only eggs (or egg yolks) go into the classic carbonara. But I just love them with a dash of cream. Sorry! I hope you can forgive me.
But what do you need for Spaghetti Carbonara?
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
That’s all you need for my spaghetti carbonara and they are ready after about 20 minutes. We like to just serve a mixed salad with it to add a bit of acidity with some balsamic vinegar.
And If you don’t have spaghetti at home, you can certainly also use penne or tagliatelle pasta. They also taste sensational as a carbonara.
Another little tip for you – if you add the spaghetti to the bacon, you should make sure that your pan is on low heat as you don’t want any scrambled eggs 😉
Since I’m a little Parmesan fan, I of course add some Parmesan at the end. Because there is no such thing as too much parmesan for me.
Enjoy your Spaghetti Carbonara!
All the best, sabrina x
My wine recommendation for Spaghetti Carbonara:
Try a glass of Italian Merlot with it-it´s an easy-going wine with a smooth finish
my take on the family favoritesimple
- 5 minutes
- 15 minutes
- 20 minutes
|grated parmesan cheese
|salt & fresh ground pepper
Steps of preparation
- Cook the spaghetti al dente in boiling salted water according to the instructions on the packet
- Whisk the egg yolk, egg and cream together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the grated Parmesan to the egg mixture and stir in with a fork
- In the meantime, fry the bacon in a large pan, set aside.
- Put the pasta straight from the pasta water with the bacon in the pan and swish briefly.
- Add the egg mixture and mix everything together well- but do not let it cook
- Season again with salt and pepper and enjoy.