This is one of my quick and easy recipes-Spaghetti Arrabbiata.
When I go to a restaurant for dinner or lunch, I always try to order something which I normally do not cook at home. Being it something special, or something I am too lazy to cook. Lockdown somehow has changed it as now I finally managed to make a super spicy and easy Sauce Arrabbiata.
I am talking rich in taste but still spicy. Not just burn your tongue spicy. A nice spicy, if that makes sense to you. Just Arrabbiata spicy.
But try it, it’s really simple. But you really need to wear gloves when you cut the chillies. Believe me, your eyes will thank you for it. Cook it with your favourite Pasta- I love Spaghetti or Penne with it and cook them while the sauce is reducing and getting flavour!
And if you are looking for a different Pasta dish, why not try Capellini with spicy Prawns?
Let me know if you cooked it!
My drink recommendation for Spaghetti Arrabbiata:
Have an ice-cold beer with is.
- 10 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 40 minutes
|2||cans chopped tomato|
|1 onion- cut in small cubes|
|3||garlic cloves cut in thin slices|
|1||sprig fresh basil roughly chopped|
|20 ml||olive oil|
|1 pinch sugar|
Steps of preparation
- Cut the onions, garlic in small brunoise- cubes
- Deseed the chilli and also cut in small pieces-careful, please wear some gloves
- If you want your Arrabbiata really spicy, add the little pips. But I warned you!
- Sauté the onions, garlic, and chilli with olive oil.
- When everything has a bit of colour, add the cans of chopped tomatoes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Add a pinch of sugar and roughly chopped basil
- Let it simmer for 30 minutes with a lid loosely on top of the pot
- In the meantime, cook your Pasta as per the cooking instructions
- season to taste
- plate the pasta with the sauce and add freshly grated Parmesan cheese
If you substitute the Parmesan Cheese with a vegan alternative, this dish can also be vegan.