Sometimes Dinner has to be served fast and prepped easily. Welcome to the Sheet Pan Chicken with Veggies and Potatoes.
It ticks all the boxes when you want to have a quick and easy dinner, without cleaning the kitchen afterwards for hours! And best part is, you can watch something on Netflix or play with the kids while the chicken is cooking in the oven.
Oh, and I just realized it has another advantage- you can get rid of all your leftover vegetables which are living in your fridge or kitchen counter waiting to be tossed away. I used the last time a bit of leek, a carrot, leftover zucchini, eggplant and so on which I had spare from my last BBQ. But you can literally use any vegetables you have spare. So we can also tick the sustainable box which is awesome!
Furthermore, the Sheet Pan Chicken can be prepped for Food for Days.
Simply double the recipe and you have some leftovers for tomorrows dinner.
Ideas for the leftovers of the sheet pan chicken:
- a chicken Sandwich
- a mixed salad with some chicken
- or simply reheat the dish as you liked it so much
I tried the recipe with chicken thighs (they are a bit juicier) and with chicken breast. Both works just perfect for the sheet pan chicken. And if you feel a little bit experimental, use 1 Tbsp of ras el hanout for the marinade. It will give the chicken an extra kick of flavor.
How do I know the chicken is cooked through?
As every oven is different and if you are not sure if the chicken is cooked through, just use a toothpick and prick the chicken. If you have clear liquids coming out- you are good to go!
Sheet pan chicken
Perfect for the whole familysimple
- 15 minutes
- 20 minutes
- 45 minutes
- 1 hours 20 minutes
|600 g||Chicken breast or 2 Chicken thighs per person if you are good eaters|
|1||Tbsp Olive Oil|
|Zucchini, green Asparagus, Celeriac, Onion, Potatoes, Paprika, Eggplant, Carrot, Fennel,|
|3 Tsp Olive oil|
|1 tbsp salt|
|1 tbsp paprika|
|1 garlic clove|
- Sheet Pan
Steps of preparation
- Trim any visible tendons or extra bits of fat from the chicken breast.
- If you use chicken Tighs leave as is
- Add 2 tsp olive oil and all spices in a sealable freeze bag, close it and give it a hearty shake.
- Place the chicken in the bag to marinade and put it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
- Wash your veggies and potatoes and take a clean cutting board and start cutting them in bite size pieces.
- Take an ovenproof baking dish and place the veggies in there, season them with salt and pepper and drizzle with 1 tsp of olive oil.
- Take the chicken out of the sealable bag and place the chicken on top of the veggies and put the baking dish 2nd row from bottom, in the oven for 45 minutes to bake.
If you are not sure if the chicken is cooked through, just use a toothpick and prick the chicken. If you have clear liquids coming out- you are good to go!