Are you looking for a quick dinner? Or a delicious appetizer? Then check out my salmon sashimi with hot olive oil.
It’s ideal when guests are coming as it’s really quick to prepare. But the sashimi is also a really quick and, above all, light dinner.
And yes, the olive oil needs to smoke properly when you drizzle it over it. This will cook the salmon a tiny bit. But it is really important that you use a dry spoon. Why? Well, otherwise the olive oil splashes quite a bit, and you could injure yourself. And that would be suboptimal.
What’s important when preparing salmon sashimi
- Buy the salmon from your trusted fish dealer and tell him you want to make sashimi. The salmon must be really fresh.
- The olive oil should be of superb quality. Then it tastes even better.
- Also ask him if he can cut your skin off. Or even pull the bones. Then the food is ready even faster, otherwise I’ll show you how to do it below.
How to remove the bones from the salmon
There are so-called fish tweezers to buy. With these you can easily pull the bones. It works like normal tweezers.
Therefore, if you can’t find any, you can use normal tweezers. It is best to always leave these in your kitchen drawer to minimize the risk of confusion.
As you can see, making sashimi with hot olive oil is not that difficult. So dare and try it out. But if you are more in the mood for a salmon bowl, I have another recipe for you here.
Enjoy the meal!
Love, sabrina x
Which wine would to drink with salmon sashimi
A young, sparkling white wine like a Pinot Gris goes best with it.
Salmon Sashimi with hot olive oil
a great starter or low carb dinnersimple
- 15 minutes
- 5 minutes
- 20 minutes
|salmon fillet – fresh, skinless and bones removed
|red cabbage, finely chopped or shredded
|lime juice and fresh lime zest
|Tbsp Olive oil
|Tbsp soy sauce
|salt & pepper
|coriander/ cilantro to garnish
- small pot, sharp knife
Steps of preparation
- Cut the skin off the salmon fillet and remove the bones
- Cut the salmon fillet into 1 cm thick slices
- Arrange the salmon slices on 2 plates and season with salt and pepper
- Either grate the red cabbage finely or cut it into fine strips with a knife.
- Place it on the salmon
- Spread 1 Tbsp lime juice and 1 tTbsp soy sauce on each salmon plate
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil until it starts to smoke
- Spread over the sashimi with a (dry!!!) spoon
- Sprinkle lime zest on top and enjoy your light dinner
- If you like, you can sprinkle some fresh coriander on top.
The olive oil needs to be really hot- so be careful not to burn yourself