Mmh, Pizza! Do I need to say more?
If you are on the search for an easy pizza recipe for the whole family, then you are at the right spot.
This is a simple but super easy to make Pizza recipe. And if you are busy all day long, you can prep the dough in the morning and keep it in the fridge. Just use a bit less yeast as the dough will rise.
We used to have to at least once a week-Friday night, pizza night. And as everyone loves it, I just could not say no. And as the dough is really quickly prepared, why not?
What are your favourite toppings for a Pizza?
We love a classic Margarita or Salami as toppings, but sometimes we use Ham, tuna and onions. However, sometimes we also just raid the fridge and top it with whatever is left there and sometimes those are the best creations.
What never changes though is the dough and the Tomato sauce, which I always make as a big batch anyway, so I can straight away take some aside for Pizza. That’s how I love my food for days. Have a look at my food for days section and maybe you will get inspired as well!
What do I mean with food for days? Well, to put it simply, it’s to make one meal and make more of it to get different meals out of it. Like the Tomato sauce. I make it once in a bigger batch, freeze it, and I get different meals out of it! Apart from the Pizza, I can make a Piccata Milanese with the same Tomato sauce as well. And I think that’s awesome!
I hope you are going to love it as much as we do!
an easy pizza recipe for the whole familysimple
Prep time:10 minutes
Rest time:1 hours 10 minutes
Baking time:10 minutes
Total time:1 hours 30 minutes
|20 g||fresh yeast or 7g of dry yeast|
|250 ml||lukewarm water|
|1||Pinch of sugar|
|400 g||all purpose flour or pizza flour|
|2||TBSP olive oil|
|300 ml||Tomato sauce|
|2||balls Mozzarella and any other cheese like Emmentaler, Cheddar|
|Salami, Ham, Tuna or what’s in the fridge|
Steps of preparation
- Add in a bowl the water, yeast, and sugar. Combine and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Add the flour, olive oil and salt and knead the dough with your kitchen machine until it is coming off the bowl and is still sticky, but manageable with your hands.
- You may need to add a little more flour.
- Cover the dough with a tea towel and allow it to rise for an hour or double in size.
- Pre-heat oven to 240 °C
- Dust a surface lightly with flour
- Form 2 balls of dough and either use your hands or use a rolling pin to flatten the dough to your liking.
- Dust your baking tray with flour and place the dough on it.
- Cover it with the best tomato sauce ever (see recipe) and your favourite toppings.
- I always use fresh mozzarella and whatever leftover cheese I have-like cheddar, Emmental etc. for some extra flavour.
- If you make 2 trays, then bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes and ENJOY!
- If you make 1 tray as you like the base thicker, please bake for 15-20 mins.
This recipe will make 1 tray of pizza for the kids and 2 small round pizzas on a pizza stone in the oven.
You tried this recipe?
Then link @sabrinastable on Instagram or use the hashtag #sabrinastable.
2 thoughts on “Pizza- every families favourite dinner!”
Had a group of friends last night over and it was the best idea to go with this pizza recipe. Simple and easy and we all had fun putting our own toppings on the pizza.
Would highly recommend for a dinner at home
Hi Michael! Thank you so very much for your review, and I am happy to hear that the Pizza was a success! love, sabrina x