Have you ever made herb butter yourself? It’s quick and easy and just tastes great! And it’s not difficult at all!
Whether with grilled meat, vegetables (think about a corn on the cob here) or simply on a tasty slice of bread, homemade herb butter is absolutely delicious. And will be your new favourite item at the next BBQ!
What ingredients are in the herb butter?
As the name suggests, obviously different herbs and butter.
However, I still add some garlic and freshly grated lemon zest. The lemon zest gives it a slightly finer and fresher taste, which I love.
I always use a blend of whatever herbs I have on hand for my butter. However, I always use the following herbs:
And if I also have fresh lovage – which is also known under the name Maggikraut – then I can start!
All you need to do is to chop all the herbs really fine and mix it with the soft butter. So you can make it with or without a food processor. If you make it without the processor, please ensure that you chopped everything really small when you mix it with the butter. That’s it!
How long does the herb butter stay fresh?
In the fridge, I would use it up after about 3-5 days.
But what I always do, I always freeze the butter. The best way to do this is with an ice cube tray. Or such small silicone moulds. Then they look pretty, and I always have some on hand. Win Win situation there. And they keep in the freezer for about 6 months. If I haven’t used them up already.
As you can see, such a delicious herb butter is super practical to always have at home and fairly easy to make.
homemade herb butter
Tastes fantastic for your next BBQsimple
Prep time:10 minutes
Rest time:1 hours
Total time:1 hours 10 minutes
|250 g||butter, soft|
|3||sprigs of parsley, leaves picked|
|3||sprigs of rosemary, sprigs removed|
|10||stalks of chives|
|3||stalks of lovage, leaves picked|
|3||sprigs of basil, leaves picked|
|5||sage leaves, leaves plucked|
|3||sprigs of mint, leaves picked|
|2||cloves of garlic|
|0.5||tsp lemon zest|
|some white pepper|
- food processor/ sharp knife
Steps of preparation
- Take the butter out of the fridge and let it soften in a large bowl
- In the meantime, wash and finely chop the herbs.
- Peel the garlic and rub over the softened butter. Alternatively, chop finely.
- Finely chop the lemon zest and add to the butter
- Add herbs, salt & pepper to the butter and mix thoroughly.
- Put the finished herb butter in a clean screw-top jar and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour
- If you have a food processor, put the herbs and lemon zest in there. Chop everything finely, then add the softened butter and mix everything together again.
You tried this recipe?
Then link @sabrinastable on Instagram or use the hashtag #sabrinastable.