Do you also sometimes have these little cravings for something sweet? I am sure you do. And have you ever heard about Energy Balls? They are little sweet balls, bursting with energy and good stuff.
Best thing is, they are super easy to make and chilled in the fridge and they last for around a week. But only if you haven’t eaten them all before. They are also great to take with you to take to the office or to et one just before you start to work out.
I love to eat these little energy balls when I am in need of a bit of an emergency energy boost and they really do the trick as they are packed with protein, good carbs, healthy fats, and are also pretty high in fiber.
When you make them, please make sure that you wear some gloves- otherwise your hands will be covered in cacao.
for the energy kick in betweensimple
- 15 minutes
- 2 hours
- 2 hours 15 minutes
|150 g cashews|
|100 g dried dates pitted|
|100 g dried raisins|
|1 Tbsp chia seeds|
|1 Tbsp line seeds|
|1 Tbsp cacao|
|2 Tbsp honey|
|1 pinch of salt|
|1 pinch of cinnamon|
|30 g desiccated coconut – to roll them in|
Steps of preparation
- Give the cashews, dates and raisins in a high speed food processor and blend them until they they are finely chopped
- add chia seeds, line seeds, cacao, salt, cinnamon and honey and mix until everything is blended together.
- Place desiccated coconut in a bowl.
- Pour mixture in a separate bowl and form roughly 20 balls from it and roll the balls in the coconut until they are covered.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.