Sometimes there is nothing better than a cinnamon apple sheet cake! It just brings back childhood memories, doesn’t it?
Then topping it with some icing sugar and eat it while the cake is still warm 🙂
And such a fine cinnamon apple sheet cake is also really easy and really quick to make.
How to make the cinnamon apple sheet cake?
It’s really really easy to do!
And it goes like this:
First, preheat the oven. If you like to be super prepared, you can already put a piece of baking paper on a baking sheet 😉
And then you can already peel the apples, core them and cut them into quarters.
I always score my apple quarters with a knife.
Then I put the apples in a large bowl and sprinkle the lemon juice over them so the apples don’t brown while I make the dough. It always works perfectly.
Oh yes, Boskoop or Elstar apples are best suited for the cinnamon apple sheet cake. So basically source apples which come with a little more acid. Rather less I would take the popular Pink Lady brand. I prefer to eat them just like they are. .
Then it goes on in no time.
To prepare the batter, you need to first stir the butter with the sugar until fluffy. Then add one egg at a time to the dough and beat for another minute. Then add the flour and the remaining ingredients and mix everything to a smooth dough.
Quickly put a piece of baking paper on a baking tray (if you haven’t done already), spread the viscous dough on it and then evenly place the apples on it. I always put the scored side of the quarters up.
and now the flavor boost- cinnamon!
Cinnamon mixed with sugar!
That’s soooo yummy!!
Simply mix the cinnamon with the sugar and then sprinkle over the apples.
The sugar caramelizes so easily when baking over the apples and just gives the apple pie that extra kick.
And if you like the combo of cinnamon and apples as much as I do, then I can also recommend my apple custard cake.
It is great to prepare in advance and tastes simply heavenly!
Be sure to try it!
Enjoy this beautiful and easy to make cinnamon apple sheet cake!
Cinnamon Apple sheet cake
done in no time!simple
Prep time:15 minutes
Baking time:45 minutes
Total time:1 hours
|250 g||softened butter|
|10 g||vanilla sugar|
|400||grams of flour|
|1||pack of baking powder|
|1 kg||of apples|
|2||tbsp lemon juice|
|Some lemon zest|
|1||pinch of salt|
- baking tray
Steps of preparation
- Preheat the oven to 180° top/bottom heat
- Line a deep baking tray with baking paper
- Peel, halve, core and quarter the apples. Score the surface with a knife.
- Drizzle the apples with lemon juice-
- take a grater and grate a bit of lemon zest off
- Cream together the butter, sugar and vanilla sugar
- Add eggs one at a time and mix for about 1 minute each
- Add milk, flour, salt, lemon zest and baking powder and mix.
- Spread the batter on the baking sheet and spread the apples on top, pressing them lightly into the batter.
- Mix together the sugar and cinnamon and spread over the apples
- Bake the apple pie for about 45 minutes
- Let cool, dust with icing re you sugar and enjoy!
Maybe you like to enjoy it with some whipped cream?
You tried this recipe?
Then link @sabrinastable on Instagram or use the hashtag #sabrinastable.
Noch Lust auf weitere Rezepte?