My dear neighbour brought me the other day a chocolate and coconut bread to try, which she got from a really cute and cosy café here in Sofia. It was simply delicious, and that coconut chocolate taste did not leave my mind for days.
So the next obvious step for me was to recreate a simple version of it which still would make my taste buds happy. It is not a one to one copycat, but I managed to get the coconut flavour here at home. And with the added chocolate chips – heaven!
Is the chocolate coconut bread easy to make?
Oh yes it is! It is so quick ad easy to make, you won’t believe it!
All you need to do is to simply mix the ingredients and add them in your prepared baking tin. That’s it! And if you want a more nutty taste, simply roast the shredded coconut in a pan without oil. And if you have no coconut sugar at hand, don’t worry! Simply substitute it with brown sugar. It will still taste awesome!
The coconut chocolate cake is also a great substitute for the banana bread. Especially if you have done it too often and are looking for a replacement. But be careful, you might get addicted to it 😉
Below you will find my easy-to-follow recipe for the fantastic coconut and chocolate bread, and I hope you will enjoy this as much as I do!
I have to admit, I do for sure, as I have one of those in the oven right now (again…)
Coconut Chocolate Bread
easy cake recipesimple
Prep time:10 minutes
Baking time:50 minutes
Total time:1 hours
|100g shredded coconut|
|100 g||coconut sugar—if you can not get it, you can substitute with brown sugar|
|100 ml||sunflower oil|
|100 g||plain yoghurt|
|1 pinch sea salt|
|2||Tsp baking soda|
|1||handful chocolate chips or if you dare 2 handful|
|optional: confectioners sugar to dust|
- baking tin
Steps of preparation
- Preheat the oven to 160 °C and line a baking tin with baking paper.
- Beat oil, coconut sugar and eggs for 1 minute using an electric whisker.
- Add the flour, baking soda, shredded coconut, yoghurt, and salt.
- Mix for another minute, then add the chocolate chips and fold them underneath.
- Pour the dough in the baking loaf (add some more chocolates if you dare) and bake for 50 mins.
- Let the cake cool down in the baking loaf and then remove it and place on a cooling rack.
- Dust with some confectioners sugar if you like
When baking, always check the dough with a toothpick before taking it out of the oven. The cake is perfect when there is no dough sticking to it.
You tried this recipe?
Then link @sabrinastable on Instagram or use the hashtag #sabrinastable.