Are you looking for a vegan and super easy chickpea salad?
Perfect, as this summer I am totally into my legumes, especially chickpeas and lentils. So today I am going to show you how to make a super easy chickpea salad with hummus, cucumber & tomatoes.
Is this a superfood salad?
Yep, it actually is!
Chickpeas are so worth to be called superfoods- and after some research I can say yep, absolutely! They are rich in fibre, packed with nutrients, and also they are rich in plant based proteins. And they will keep you full longer. So this salad is not only vegan and healthy, nope, it also fills you up. That’s definitely a win-win situation!
While all of the above are super important, they would be worth nothing if they would not taste sooo good- they have this nutty flavor which I absolutely adore!
So, to sum it up, my chickpea salad is healthy and done in a minute! You can either serve it as a big Main Course for two people or as a nice starter for four people. The Hummus recipe in here is a bit adjusted, as you will need some chickpeas for the salad as well.
It would also go perfect along with some grilled chicken breast- why not with some lemon chicken from the grill? Or maybe some Shawarma?
Chickpea Salad with Hummus
Prep time:20 minutes
Total time:20 minutes
|1 can chickpeas 400g- drained save some of the water its called Aquafaba, you will need at least 25ml|
|25 ml aquafaba|
|5 ml lemonjuice|
|2 sprigs parsley|
|60 g tahini|
|30 ml olive oil|
|1 tsp cumin|
|½ tsp paprika|
|1 tsp ground coriander|
|2 garlic clove|
|5 g salt|
|2 Tbsp white vinegar|
|3 Tbsp olive oil|
|1 Tbsp lemon juice|
|1 red onion|
|1 sprig parsley|
|salt & pepper|
Steps of preparation
- Drain the chickpeas and save the water (aquafaba) -Take roughly a handful of the chickpeas away for the salad.
- Juice the lemon
- Put in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add some saved chickpea water, so it gets creamier.
- Add some more salt as per your personal taste.
- Transfer to a bowl and add a bit of olive oil on top to prevent from drying out.
- Wash the cucumbers and tomatoes. Cut them and the Avocado in bite size pieces and transfer to a bowl. Add your handful of chickpeas.
- Cut the red onion in small cubes. Roughly chop the parsley. Add both to the bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, olive oil, white vinegar and salt & pepper and combine everything.
You tried this recipe?
Then link @sabrinastable on Instagram or use the hashtag #sabrinastable.