I love a good curry. It is my to go to comfort food. And it does not matter to me if it is of Thai, Indian or of any other origin. It simply needs to be flavorful, creamy with lots of coconut milk and easy to cook. Just like a Chickpea Curry!
Why chickpeas? Well, sometimes though, I do not want to eat meat. Or I have nothing at home and I am too lazy to go quickly to the butcher. But I always have a can of chickpeas and coconut milk around. As I recently found out how easy it is to make hummus, chickpeas become part of my pantry staple. Or have you ever tried a chickpea Brownie? If not- try it! It is so good!
And this Chickpea Curry is so easy to make!
And it has all the fragrants and taste a good curry needs!
The lime is quite important for this curry, as it gets better with it and will give the curry the finishing touch.
Serve it with some rice or naan bread.
vegan comfort food at its best!
Prep time:10 minutes
Cook time:20 minutes
Total time:30 minutes
|2||cans Chickpeas – 800g|
|1||Tbsp ghee/ coconut oil or neutral oil|
|1 Tbsp brown sugar|
|400 ml||coconut milk|
|200||ml Tomato Passata|
|1||whole lime we need some lime peel and juice|
|4||stalks fresh Coriander|
|Optional some Chili if you like it spicy|
Steps of preparation
- Cut the onion, garlic and ginger in small cubes.
- Chop the coriander. And if you like it spicy, deseed and chop the chili.
- Bring a wok to heat and add the ghee.
Brown the onions, ginger and garlic. If you like it spicy, add 1 deseeded chili.
- Add the sugar & spices. Add half of the chopped coriander.
Stir for a minute and let the flavors come out.
- Add the tomato passata and the coconut milk. Let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
In the meantime, drain the chickpeas in a sieve.
- Add the chickpeas to the Wok and let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Grate some of the Lime peel onto the curry and add 1 teaspoon lime juice.
- Garnish with the leftover coriander and enjoy!
Serve it with some rice or naan bread
You tried this recipe?
Then link @sabrinastable on Instagram or use the hashtag #sabrinastable.