Don’t you sometimes just feel like something quick and easy? Then how about something like chicken with white wine and cream sauce?
Everyone likes it here, so this is one of my favourite solutions when I have no idea what to cook. And especially when I need something quick and easy.
I often make a simple risotto with it, without a lot of frills.
Or, something which also goes quite well with it, is Pasta. And if you like, you can sprinkle some Parmesan on top. Which I love.
How to make the chicken with white wine and cream sauce
First cut the chicken breast into small pieces and season well with salt & pepper and flour. This will make the sauce a little creamier later, but not firm 😉
It is best to sear the meat in 2 portions in a pan. Then deglaze with a little white wine, add the cream, season and let stand briefly. Finished.
And if you don’t like alcohol, you can of course omit the white wine. Then just add some broth.
A big advantage if you roast the chicken in batches, it has the side effect that you get some meat juice. Therefore, be sure to put the meat in a deep plate and add the meat juice late back in the pan to the sauce. That really will enhance the flavour.
Can I make vegetables with it?
Sure, I sometimes like to add mushrooms, carrots or leek. Or even peas. Especially when I cook the chicken with white wine and cream sauce for pasta, I smuggle some vegetables in there.
As you can see, there are no limits to your creativity!
chicken with white wine and cream sauce
Quick and easy dinnersimple
- 15 minutes
- 15 minutes
- 30 minutes
|400 g||chicken breast|
|50 ml||white wine|
|2||tbsp sunflower oil|
|Optional: stock powder|
- big pan
Steps of preparation
- Cut the chicken into small pieces and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Peel and finely chop the onion
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large skillet and sear half of the chicken.
- Place the chicken in a deep plate and sear the remaining chicken and oil.
- Add diced onion
- Return the chicken to the pan and deglaze with white wine.
- Add the cream and meat juices from the plate.
- Turn the heat down, season with salt, pepper and broth to taste and serve with favourite side dish
Tastes great with Risotto or Pasta