I love summer and Burgers! Especially with homemade Brioche Burger Buns! 🙂
A burger, fresh salads, long sunny evenings, BBQ’s with friends and good tunes. There is just that easiness to it which I love. And between you and me, nothing beats a good burger -especially when you make it yourselves with homemade Brioche Burger Buns.
It’s also super easy to prepare it when you have to entertain a crowd.
You can lay out all the extra ingredients for a burger like salad, tomatoes, cucumber, mustard etc. family style on a table. So everyone can help themselves and create their own unique burger. And if you are searching for a recipe for a burger patty, I have one here for you as well.
I searched for the best recipe through the www, including Pinterest, and I clicked through all kinds of amazing food blogs. But as my brother is a pastry chef, he kindly gave me some tips AND his recipe. Lucky me and lucky us, as obviously I am going to share it with you.
So I changed a few bits and pieces here and there, but for me this is it. My favourite recipe for Brioche Burger Buns! If you do not like a sesame topping on them, just leave them out. But make sure you make and use the so-called egg wash. It gives the buns the shininess, which I love.
What are the ingredients for Brioche Burger Buns?
Flour, milk, butter, sugar, yeast, eggs, and salt—and of course your favorite topping. So actually all ingredients that you are quite likely to already have at home. But yes, I admit it, the work is a tad more. But it is mainly the resting time of the dough, and you can also use it for other purposes. The dough itself is done pretty quick and the taste is absolutely fantastic! And I learned from a friend the fabulous term: labor of love 🙂 Yes, that’s exactly what it is. And the difference from the purchased ones is just huge.
How many buns do you get out of this recipe?
My dough pieces are about 80 – 100 grams each, and so I roughly get 8 Brioche burger buns. If 8 are too many for you, you can also freeze them individually. And then at the next burger party, simply take them out of the freezer early enough (overnight works best) to thaw. Then simply cut the buns open, put some butter on the cut surface and grill them on the grill. And you already have your delicious buns again.
Of course, you can also grill them after baking. Simply spread some butter on both sides, and you will have even crispier burgers. But be careful, it’s pretty quick, and you don’t want to let it burn 😉
And if you happen to have leftover buns, they are great the next morning with some homemade raspberry jam and butter.
But how do the Brioche Burger Buns get that shape?
With a little practice, this is actually quite easy! First, you have to use a dough card to cut your dough ball off the dough. I always weigh them right away, so I know I’ll get my 8 buns out of the dough too.
Kneading the dough
Put the dough balls in the palm of your hand and knead again briefly
Shaping the dough
Shape the dough in the palm of your hands to little dough balls
Rolling the dough
Then roll the dough balls on a lightly floured surface
Rolling the dough works best if you shape your hand like a claw and then roll the dough pieces in a circle. As with anything, practice is key. But try it! It’s really not that difficult. 🙂
And I really hope that you enjoy the Brioche Burger buns as much as we do! As I said, since I started making my own burger buns, I haven‘t bought any in the supermaket.
My drinks’ recommendation:
Either have an ice-cold coke or, if you like, a nice, cold beer with it 😉
Brioche Burger Buns
Definitely worth the effort!moderate
Prep time:20 minutes
Rest time:2 hours
Baking time:20 minutes
Total time:2 hours 40 minutes
|200 ml||milk-room temperature|
|50 g||butter-room temperature|
|30 g||fresh yeast|
- Baking sheet
Steps of preparation
- In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast in the milk and add the sugar.
- Let it rest for 5 mins.
- Then add the flour, salt and the egg and using an electric mixer, knead for 2 mins.
- Add the butter and knead for another 3 mins, the dough should come off the surface easily.
- Cover the bowl with a tea towel and let the dough rest for 1 hour- it should have doubled in size
- Dust a clean surface with flour and add the dough.
- Using a scale, divide the dough with a dough cart into 8 equal portions (80-100g each)
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Roll and form the dough balls
- Press the piece of dough lightly onto the workstation with your cupped hand (claw). Make a circular motion with your hand while letting the piece of dough slide on the table. Make sure that the dough piece does not slip through and that the end of the dough piece always stays at the bottom.
- Place them on a lined baking tray. Make sure to leave some space between the buns
- Cover again with a tea towel and let it rest for another 30 mins.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine egg and milk and brush over the brioche buns.
- Sprinkle the buns with some sesame seeds if you like
- Bake them for 18- 20 mins and let them cool down a bit and enjoy!
When you have leftover buns, simply enjoy them the next day for breakfast with some jam and butter.
Or freeze them for your next Burger Party
You tried this recipe?
Then link @sabrinastable on Instagram or use the hashtag #sabrinastable.
2 thoughts on “Brioche Burger Buns- so good!”
These buns are amazing and took our burger night to the next level.
Hi Carmen! Thank you so very much for your kind comment! I am glad you liked them!