Hands up if you started to make Banana Bread during any of the lockdowns? Yep- me too! 🙂
My American neighbors showed me how to bake them and, what shall I say except that Banana Bread is now a family favorite of ours- but only with plenty of chocolate chips.
But it is a great recipe for me as we really always have overripe bananas in the kitchen. And between you and me, how often do you throw out overripe bananas? Yep, all the time. Me too, but not anymore! As my Banana bread is the solution!
As I never have been too keen on bananas, I only use 2 bananas, but I still love a Banana Bread. Weird, huh?
And my kids? Well they loooooove Bananas. Well, in phases. And I am pretty sure that all parents can relate to this phenomena where one week they eat ALL the Bananas they can get their tiny hands on, and out of nowhere Bananas are out. No Mom, sorry I don’t want a Banana. Give it a few days and I have overripe Bananas again.
So what do you do then? All you have to do is peel them and cut them in pieces and freeze in portions. With this method you you always have bananas for Banana Bread or for a delicious smoothy handy. As we all know, sometimes the bananas are ready, but we have no time.
Banana Bread with chocolate
perfect for overripe bananassimple
- 10 minutes
- 50 minutes
- 1 hours
|really ripe bananas – smashed
|drops vanilla extract
|Tsp baking soda
|generous pinch of cinnamon
|handful chocolate chips – and maybe a bit more
Steps of preparation
- Preheat the oven to 180°c and line a baking tin with baking paper.
- Beat oil, sugar, vanilla extract and eggs for 2 minutes using an electric whisker or stand mixer
- Add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Mix for another minute then add the smashed bananas.
- Mix for another minute
- Add the chocolate chips and stir them underneath.
- Pour the dough in the baking loaf and bake them for 50 min
- Make the toothpick test to check that the cake is done!
- Let it cool down and enjoy!!